Dollars and Jens
Monday, May 24, 2004
 
competitive advantages
Went shopping for an odd battery at Radio Shack this weekend. Is that the first place one thinks of for weird batteries? I was musing about this as I left; just as when I was ordering checks from Deluxe a few weeks ago, I thought, "I hope they're ripping me off, because to do otherwise would be a violation of their fiduciary duty to their shareholders."

That's a bit glib, but is the way I think. What I mean, of course, is "I hope they're getting a good mark-up on this." They have to pay the rent, and the way they do that is by charging a mark-up; the best place to get that is "wherever they can", viz. on those items on which they have the least competition.

Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
(0) comments
Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger